The Ultimate Guide to Dark & Moody Photography
Ready to stand out and capture deeper emotions in your images?
Then dark and moody photography is for you. This dramatic style has become a go-to for boudoir photographers, as well as those shooting portraits, weddings, engagements, fashion, and food.
By achieving this deep, expressive look – and using it consistently – you’ll be able to set yourself apart and attract clients who love your work.
But it takes a lot more than just turning down the lights.
And if you’ve ever struggled to achieve the dark and moody look, you’re not alone. Like many photographers, maybe you’ve found yourself wondering how to…
• balance light and dark, without losing too much in the shadows
• pose your subjects to convey the mood you want — rather than a bunch of blank stares
• find the perfect backdrop for your images, whether you’re shooting indoors or out
• dial in your camera settings so you don’t have to spend hours cleaning things up in post
• fine-tune your edit for a consistent dark and moody look
Ninety percent of the magic happens the moment you take the photo – and in The Ultimate Guide to Dark & Moody Photography, we’ll show you exactly how to achieve this look so you can thrive as a photographer and build a successful business.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS GUIDE
The six steps to shooting perfect dark and moody images, every time
Discover how to use lighting, wardrobe, posing, and more to evoke deeper emotions in your photos.
Our go-to editing techniques to complete your look without going overboard
You don’t need dramatic editing techniques to achieve a dramatic look. We’ll guide you through how to make simple, high-impact adjustments that won’t make your photos feel dated five years from now.
How to streamline your workflow for good
Because we know you’d rather be out taking photos – or just living your life – than be stuck at a computer.
YOU’LL WALK AWAY FROM THE GUIDE WITH EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW TO:
- Plan and carry out a dark and moody shoot like a pro
- Get a consistent, true-to-film look without spending hours editing photos
- Create the deep, expressive images you and your clients love
We’re here for the pro, the underdog, and the everyday artist.
Here at Mastin Labs, we’re honored to support you – wherever you are on your photography journey.
Our film emulation presets have helped more than 55,000 photographers create clean and consistent images, reclaim time for their businesses and lives, and thrive as working artists.
And in this guide, we’re sharing what we’ve learned through decades of photography experience to help you make gorgeous dark and moody photos, faster and more easily than ever before.
Ready to create the beautiful light and airy images you and your clients love?
Download the guide for FREE today.